Job Description Templates
Feel free to use the sample job descriptions listed below, or if you would like support with other roles then please get in touch with John Adams on 07881 623119 or 01227 656 888.
With over 20 years’ experience in delivering recruiting solutions, the team at Careerz have supported a wide range of SMEs recruiting talent across technology, marketing, sales, finance, HR and support roles. Careerz are always happy to support you with feedback and further scrutiny of any role you are seeking to fill.
Delivering successful recruiting solutions starts with clearly analysing and defining the specific requirements for the role. Without spending sufficient time on understanding which skills and experience will make a difference in the role, businesses are potentially in danger of appointing an individual who may appear to have excellent industry relevant experience, but is less relevant to the business and job requirements. In some cases, this may then lead to frustration and disappointment both on the part of SME and the employee, where they realise that the fit for role is not as suitable as had been anticipated.
The sample Job Description Templates below are given to illustrate the type of information we suggest a business may share with candidates, and subsequently scrutinise when recruiting for the target role, effectively reviewing against the actual requirements they wish the individual to fulfil. Applying due diligence to the process of creating an appropriate job description should include taking feedback from the line manager and team members. This is likely to result in a much more suitable Job Description and give confidence for the employer that the recruiting solution will target the right skills and experience. It will also provide the candidate with a better opportunity to identify a role which more accurately fits their experience and future employment targets.
The job description should start with a title and summary or purpose, to provide an overview for the role, introducing the brand to the candidate and stimulating their interest in the company and role. It is important to avoid jargon, and ensure the information is clear and precise.
Responsibilities and Duties should be listed concisely, whilst ensuring any key specific requirements are listed, such as experience within particular fields or in using specific tools relevant to the job. Within reason, day to day responsibilities as well as overall reporting requirements should be listed, to develop understanding of what the successful candidate can expect when fulfilling the role. The aim is to enable candidates to identify whether or not they are qualified for the role, and whether the environment and organisation will be a good fit for them.
Qualifications and skills required should be concise and include both technical skills as well as soft skills, such as communication, and decision making, where relevant. It is important to be realistic, as listing too many qualifications and skills can lead to potentially strong candidates ruling themselves out, as they do not feel they meet an individual criterion listed, which in reality is not essential. This is an area in which input from line managers for the role can be particularly useful when creating the job description. It may also prove beneficial to separate skills out under essential and desirable headings.
Sample Job Description Templates
Available Job Description Templates on Request…
- Web Developer Responsible for the design, layout and coding of high-performance website, online applications or services. Role usually involves working to agreed design specifications so normally requires experience in graphic design, development, user functionality & experience plus the provision of ongoing maintenance and support.
- Back End Developer Responsible for the back-end technology of the website including server, database and applications. This includes server-side web application logic and also integration of the front-end technology to create a seamless experience for website users.
- IT Manager Responsible for the implementation, planning, coordination and maintenance of the organisation’s IT needs and activities. This includes helping to determine requirements and ensuring that computer systems including hardware, software and application are operating efficiently, effectively and securely.
- IT Director Responsible for the overall leadership, strategy, management and execution of the company’s IT infrastructure in line with organisational goals. The role varies from company to company however often includes many of the following activities; design & implementation of IT infrastructure in line with business requirements, leading a diverse team of technical resources, IT security & disaster recovery.
- Marketing Manager – Depending on the size of company the Marketing Manager role can vary considerably. Typically, a Marketing Manager will be responsible for the creation and delivery of the marketing strategy in line with the company objectives and often to support the generation of revenue. Typical area of focus includes delivering coordinated marketing campaigns, social media activity and promotion of the company, brand, services or products. The role is also responsible for the marketing budget and tracking and analysing market trends.
- Marketing Director – Responsible for the overall marketing activities of the organisation encompassing marketing strategy, planning, branding, communication strategy, market & competitor analysis, budgeting, PR activities both internally and externally. Will typically be responsible for overseeing the marketing department with direct report responsibilities.
- Digital Marketing Manager – Responsible for creation and delivery of the company’s marketing strategy that supports the organisations online presence in terms of promoting the company, brand, products and services often with the aim to drive traffic to the company website to ultimately support revenue generation. Typical areas of focus include online/digital strategy, planning & execution, paid search, SEO & PPC, website design, content, usability and effectiveness in terms of delivering expected conversion rates. The role is also responsible for the online marketing budget and tracking and analysing online market trends.
- Social Media Manager – Responsible for the social media strategy and campaigns for the organisation to promote the company, brand, products and services online across multiple platforms including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Typical areas of focus include campaign planning, creating & posting content (written articles, blogs, video, audio, podcasts), online audience engagement, tracking and analysing social media trends. In larger organisations they may have direct report responsibilities eg Social Media Executives or Administrators.
- Marketing Executive – Responsible for day to day marketing activities usually under the guidance of a Marketing Manager or Marketing Director. Typical activities include managing and implementing marketing campaigns across social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn), digital (paid search, SEO, PPC), email and direct mail. Role also typically involves creating content, budget management, competitor analysis and reporting.
- SEO Executive– Responsible for driving traffic/visitors to the website through focusing on a variety of key activities; keyword search & targeting, building links with other sites, directory listings, analysing competitor SEO activities, monitoring performance using Google Analytics and sourcing relevant SEO content. Also required to keep updated with latest developments within Search Engine Marketing (SEM) especially with regards to changes in Google algorithm.
Can’t find the Job Description Template you are looking for from the lists above?
Then get in touch and we will be happy to create it and provide any other advice or support you may require. For further information contact John Adams on 07881 623119 or 01227 656 888 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Technology Roles we recruit for…
- Helpdesk Manager
- Desktop Support Manager
- Desktop Support Specialist
- IT Support
- Helpdesk Support
- Network Engineer
- Telecoms Engineer
- Telecoms Specialist
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- IT Team Leader
- Project Manager
- Business Systems Analyst
- Technical Analyst
- Application Support
- Database Administrator
- Data Analyst
- IT Systems Administrator
- Network Architect
- Cloud Architect
- Security Specialist
- Web Administrator
- Penetration Tester / Ethical Hacker
Marketing Roles we recruit for…
- Marketing Director
- Head of Marketing
- Marketing Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Marketing Executive
- Marketing Assistant
- SEO Specialist
- PPC Specialist
- Graphic Designer
- Product Manager
- Content Manager
For expert advice and support throughout the hiring process, please contact John Adams on 07881 623119 or 01227 656 888.